Square D sysmac programmer

Goody

If anyone wants a hand held programmer for the Square D PLC (sysmac)
I have one going free. The programmer is model No PR1.

It is an old system and it will only program in 'list' but somebody might have one of these plc's somewhere. It is easy to use without instructions for monitoring or programming.

I will keep it for a while in case someone does need one in the future.

Wow! That's probably a real oldie! It was my first training on PLCs (called P.C.s in those days.... and it still bugs me that IBM and ordinary consumers stole OUR name) That was around 1981 for me, as I recall.

I live near Seattle these days, and they've got some of those old sysmacs still running out at SEATAC Int'l Airport, on baggage conveyors and the like.

You might want to EBay it! I don't know how you'd classify it though....

I'm a hopeless collector, but since you're about a hemisphere away, even I couldn't justify the postage!

I hope that someone will have a good use for it, and take advantage of our generosity.

BTW somethings wrong with my password/ registration, so I hope you won't mind my annonymity.

What you have is a hand-held programmer for the Square D SY/MAX Compact controller. The actual part number was 8009PR1.

This PLC was manufactured by Sharp and brand labled by Square D during the mid 1980's, it was obsolete by 1988.

Thats right Jim, the plc has been plugging away for nearly 20 years. It only died when the panel caught fire.

I did a retro fit and somebody gets a free programmer.