Problem during opening of Program in RS Logics 5

AB2005

Dear Friends,

I have been facing a problem that some time when I open the software RS logics 5 at HMI PC of a machine, and then directly press “Go Online” (without opening the program of PLC), system opens the default program and go online. But some time when I open the software and go direct online (without opening of program), a window appears and ask that no mach of program found. System asks for “Create new file” or “Upload use file”. I could not understand the logic for that. So what should I do to prevent to appear that window again?

:site:

There is no logic.
Well, in some cases, there is faulty logic.
If you have a program open, and hit "Go Online", (not "Online Now"), it tries to verify that the program checksum in the processor is the same as the open one. However, not all PLC/5 Processors support checksums, so invariably it want's you to go and locate the program file again, even though it should be smart enough to use the file and path you already have open.

It's just an annoyance, that has been around forever, and will probably stay around forever.

Maybe I read this wrong but I will say it anyway.

In addition to starting RSLogix5 you also need to open the current offline file for your PLC5. Then go online.