Panel View Plus and ABB drive ACSM1

djpalaz

Hello,

Another super problem to solve. Rockwell has discontinued the panel view and now we need to use the panel view plus. When converting the PVA file into FT View ME the software cannot translate the node(Node Type: Generic CIP). Tech support tells me to use Kepware enterprise to solve this issue unfortunately I don't see any drivers for the ABB drive. Anybody have any bright ideas how I can make a panel view plus and abb drive ACSM1 talk to each other.

Was network was the PanelView Standard equipped with ? CIP objects were supported by the DeviceNet, ControlNet, and EtherNet/IP models.

What sort of network interface module does the ABB motion control drive use ?

I know that RA added some CIP generic object functionality to FactoryTalk View 7.0 but I don't know the specifics of it.

The network is Ethernet/IP.

FT View 7 does support cip objects with an eds file but only has been tested with rockwell products.