TCP Keep alive interval CompactLogix

fixstuff

Hi folks,

I have a question about TCP keep alive intervals. According to everything I've read, for CompactLogix it's supposed to be 8 seconds. However, everything I've seen from wireshark captures show 13 seconds. Has anyone seen a similar time?

It doesn't seem like a big deal on a device with an 20ms RPI or 50ms RPI, but for a device with a 1 second! RPI (don't ask), it is a big deal, since the keep alive interrupts about 2 seconds of data..

Thanks in advance...

Similar Topics

Hi, We have an application that has a device that goes through a reboot (appears un-graceful) What then happens is the MVI module appears to hang...
Replies
Views
I am very new to Modbus and the industry, so forgive me if I am missing something obvious. I have known Modbus register addresses coming from a...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Im working on a small project on TIA Portal, about establishing a Modbus TCP connection between my ET200SP plc and a socomec...
Replies
Views
Hi Everybody, newbie here with PLCs, using a B&R plc. I'm playing with a printer and its tcp socket communication. Connection works fine if...
Replies
Views
If a device has Modbus RTU over serial and Modbus RTO over TCP and Modbus TCP then there is a difference between Modbus RTU over TCP vs Modbus TCP...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom