Generic Ethernet Module for a D-MAXE 2 controller

kpElec

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I am installing a copy cat program for another system that is using a D-MAXE 2 controller.
The previous program worked well. I was able to use BootP to set the IP address of the D-MAXE 2 controller that seemed to be successful. I was able to ping it for a good response.
However, the generic module is showing a fault. The one thing I did different was to change the previous IP address from 192.168.1.121 to 192.168.1.225 in the generic ethernet module.
I can't even see the D-MAX in RsLinx but I can ping it just fine.
I attached my configuration.
Does anyone have any ideas?

D-MAXE 2.jpg

I can't even see the D-MAX in RsLinx but I can ping it just fine.

Get an IP diagnostic tool like Angry IP Scanner or TCPING that will let you check the connectivity to the device with a TCP Port number instead of just an ordinary ICMP Ping.

It looks like D-MAX web controllers support both Modbus/TCP and EtherNet/IP. It's possible that you have the Modbus protocol enabled but not the EtherNet/IP protocol, or that the address configured by BOOTP didn't survive a power cycle and you're seeing a different device with PING.

Modbus/TCP uses TCP Port 502. EtherNet/IP uses TCP Port 44818.

Most EtherNet/IP devices will show in an RSLinx browse. I don't know for sure if responding to the List Identity command is required for EtherNet/IP conformance testing, but nearly every device I've seen that supports EtherNet/IP does so.