1769-L36ERM to 1734-AENTR

Cookz615

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if what I am trying to do will work.

I've recently been tasked to install a point I-O rack for an analog input module in a remote location to monitor the feedback from a flow meter. The CPU for the main rack i'm trying to communicate with is a 1769-L36ERM. You all probably know that this set-up doesn't support an Ethernet card but has two embedded ports.

My question is: Can i set the 1734-AENTR adapter up to communicate withe the CPU I mentioned before, a crossed the network through an un-managed switch without any issues retrieving the data?

You can probably tell I'm pretty green in this arena. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

As long as your network is continuous all the way through, it doesn't matter where you I/O rack is, it'll work just fine.

Of course, the quality of your network might determine how well it'll work. There are tricks you can try like reducing your RPI, and handling I/O dropouts etc, but ultimately it's all just bandaids on a broken arm if your network isn't up to scratch.