PF753 not turning on 20-Comm

Our old PF753 went out the other day and we got in a new one with the same cat. number and specs. Installed the drive and set the 20-comm and sto card in the same slot as the old drive. Removed the safety jumper and left the enable jumper on, same as the old drive. The problem is when the drive boots up the 20-comm card does not turn on. None of the indicators on the card light up. Is there a parameter I need to change in order for the drive to turn on the card?

Nope, should just turn on and go. Have you made sure it's seated correctly? Try the card in a different slot, just to see if it at least powers up.

One thing that happens more often than in the past is the gold plated fingers on the edge of the PCB flake off when you remove them. It's an unintended consequence of the RoHS ban on lead based solder. The gold is just an electroplating on top of solder on those fingers. When lead based solder was used, the exposed edges of the lead formed lead oxide that acted as a corrosion barrier. When RoHS removed the lead, the lead oxide barrier is gone now too and the solder used in its place corrodes over time. When you pull the card out, the gold flakes off and/or stays behind in the socket, so when you plug an old board into a new socket, it doesn't make good contact, or if you plug a new board into an old socket, the old gold is jammed in the pins and shorts them. This issue exists with all electronics but is especially prevalent in things that have plug in boards, plus things that are exposed to contaminants. VFDs fall into both categories because of all the option boards people want combined with the high volume of cooling air flow they need.