RSLogix 500 bug bit me today....

jstolaruk

Lifetime Supporting Member
(pardon please if this has been covered previously)

A vendor of ours emailed a RSLogix 500 file for a machine on our floor so I proceeded to open it and download it. No problem until I noticed some of the important timer presets had were equal to zero (but not all of them), even though I know we had set them previously. Called the vendor and he said his copy had them set. He's using v6.00 and I'm using v7.00.

Scratching my head, I figured I'd phone in to AB's DirectConnect to see if they had heard anything like that come up before. Sure enough, the tech called me later and pointed me to the following patch in the knowledge base titled
:

"R131755537 - Patch for RSLogix 500 6.30/7.0 where different datatable values show up in different versions of RSLogix".

When editing a project in different versions of RSLogix, data table values may show different values in different versions of the software. Specifically, if values are saved using RSLogix 6.2 and earlier and then the project is opened in RSLogix 6.30 and later, the values may be different.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications%5Ckb%5CRAKB.nsf/0/6357672BA031621D8525708400702A9E?OpenDocument

Just though I'd throw this out there in case anyone else got stumped.