msg from micrologix to controlLogix5555

lakarlanga

hello... i have a big doubt, i need to send a message from micrologix 1400 to controlLogix5555 trouth ethernet protocol, i did all the config and everything road well, but in the msg config box in rslogix500, i need to write the "data table addres" i can't write the tag name that i created in the 5000 project directly 'cause it results in an error. i'm using "500cpuwrite" in rslogix500 comand and "slc read" command in rslogix5000

i seems like the config box in rslogix500 need a direccion like "n7:0" for example, but the tag destination in controlLogix5555 is named "waterflow_fl6"

tanks....!!!!

In order to respond to messages with PLC/SLC style "Nxx:yy" addresses, the ControlLogix implements a "PLC/SLC Mapping" feature. It is configured in RSLogix 5000 from the Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages menu item.

Only INT[x] and REAL[x] array tags can be mapped to PLC/SLC data file numbers.

In your case, you will need to move the "waterflow_fl6" value into an array tag element, and map that array tag to PLC/SLC data file 7.

another big doubt

ok tanks... you're greath....but another doubt... since the mlx1400, do i have to send the data trouth a msg commnad type "cip generic" or wath kind of msg command do i need to use...??? :(

In order to respond to messages with PLC/SLC style "Nxx:yy" addresses, the ControlLogix implements a "PLC/SLC Mapping" feature. It is configured in RSLogix 5000 from the Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages menu item.

Only INT[x] and REAL[x] array tags can be mapped to PLC/SLC data file numbers.

In your case, you will need to move the "waterflow_fl6" value into an array tag element, and map that array tag to PLC/SLC data file 7.