Mettler Toledo communication

VZimmer0

Good morning people of plctalk my question is about a mettler toledo balance. The model of the balance is IND226 and it has a rs232 port.
My question is that is possible to make a connection with a plc siemens s7-1200 by adding a serial module. And if it possible, how to do it?
Thank you very much for your attention. best regards:geek:

I checked this model IND226, and I couldnt find a interface for this model. I was searching and I found that it is possible to connect a MT Jagxtreme with a micrologix 1500 using the blocks program ARD and ARL in rslogix500.

I want to make the same connection, only this time using a s7-1200 and a IND226. this model use SICS protocol which I dont know that is the same for the jagsxtreme model.

S7-1200 with a serial module should work fine.
MT-SISC Metler Toledo Standard Interface Command Set. A fancy term for standard RS232 ASCII communications.
Manual with command set is here.
CM1241 Module.
SEND_PTP to send data to scale, then RCV_PTP to read reply from scale.
More info from Siemens.

If possible replace the scale with a version that has Ethernet or Profinet support.

If not possible my preferred route is to use a Serial to Ethernet converter. (e.g. Phoenix Contact FL Com server) On the PLC side I try to stick to just Ethernet. Personal opinion of course.

Greetings,

I am not certain if you are looking to transmit data from the scale to the S7-1200 or if you are looking to transmit data to the scale.

The challenge will be the communications protocol.

My question is where is the data ultimately going to end up? If it is a Client software such as a SCADA solution, you may want to consider an indirect way of getting data either from the scale to PLC or PLC to the scale. This indirect manner would be using KepserverEX OPC server. Connections would be made to both the scale and PLC through their server in that they have driver suites for both. Then through the server you could transmit data to either one of them. More information about KepserverEX is available through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepserverex.htm

Manuals are available for both Siemens and Mettler through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

If you have any other devices you are needing to communicate to, please let me know and we can look at your overall requirements.

Disclosure - ESI is an authorized Kepware Distributor.