RAE300.msi / E300 Ethernet Module Rockwell software

golftmd13

Does anyone know about this RAE300.msi file needed for Studio 5000 to use an Ethernet module in the I/O configuration? I looked and ran the setup and it said the E300 module was installed but I still get the notification that RAE300.msi needs installed.

I am having a similar issue where i try to add the module onto a L82E embedded network and Studio5000 prompts a message saying that the AOP is unavailable and goes looking for it in a file "RAE300.msi". This installer cant find the MSI file even though the source path is pointed to the "RAE300.msi" file downloaded from the RA downloads site. Whats more annoying is the installer loops forever, restarting the search for RAE300.msi even when you try to cancel.

I've also tried installing the AOP from the application file (MPSetup) that comes with the AOP download. This doesnt work for me either.

My coworker was able to install the AOP into v21 then update to v31 with the modules showing in the controller organizer but the installer loop thing happens still.

golftmd13,

Were you able to figure anything out?

This has been really frustrating for us as well. I went through all sorts of steps to try to resolve this. I did repair installs on Logix, uninstall/reinstall of the AOP. All to no avail.

We ended up using the info from Tech Note 1071083 to remove the AOP and then get it installed (as Administrator) and eventually got it working. Why this was necessary to even have to do I cannot explain.

OG