PanelMate touchscreen tag question

glennlee

Good Morning! I am translating some Panelmate touchscreens to another brand. While most of the tags are straightforward, one type has me baffled.

It is for a numeric display:S:15 = 2819 * QMS, N7:17 + S:15= 2820 * QMS, N7:25
Some background. This touchscreen is using DH+ to communicate with both it's own master PLC ("furn", node 3) and a remote PLC called "QMS"( node 5). The Master PLC also exchanges data with the QMS PLC.

There is an additional PLC (also called "furn" node 4) 99.9% the same in code and function.

The "2819" and "2820" are baud-rate and Node address designations. The first "furn" PLC is 2819. The second "furn" PLC is 2820.

The touchscreen for furn (node 3) is not configured to communicate with the other furn (node 4)

I need someone to describe what the tag example above is doing so I can replicate the function in the new screen.

I have a backup plan in case I have stumped the experts out there.:geek:

Here's my interpretation.
The expressions "S:15=2819" and 'S:15 = 2820" will evaluate to either one or zero. So (S:15=2819)*QMS,N7:17 will evaluate to either zero or the value in QMS N7:17. Similarly (S:15=2820)*QMS,N7:25 will evaluate to either zero or the value in QMS N7:25. Thus the sum of the two will be one value or the other.