TIA portal: creating UDT and assigning variables to them

Ashebl

I am using CPU 315-2 PN/DP which doesnt allow to assign the variables to the created UDT , meaning the created UDT"PLC Data type" doesnt show in the drop down list of the varaibles tables when i try to create a varaible and assign it to this UDT.

Is there a workaround to this?

My target is to move varaibles created in a data block from the DB addressing to the I/Q addressing area so that I can define them in the transfer area of the I-slave communication to be exchanged with another Master DCS.

Thats why I thought of moving them through a variable of a deined data type so that they get the adresses automatically instead of assigning them one by one,

Thanks

What if i have so many variables of different data types but they are all in the same DB and i want to do the same for each one.

Is there a way that can assigns addresses automatically

I created a UDT and it appears in the drop down list when I populate a DB. Is this what you want to do?

udt.jpg

I want to do the same but with a variable not a datablock because i want to map the IOs to Q addresses not DB because they will be exchanged on profibus.

If you try to configure the transfer areas in the I-slave communication, you will find that it takes only I/Q addresses not DB

I have around 500 IOs of different types and they are all defined in a datablock already, but i was thinking of an efficient way to assign them the addresses from Q area at once instead of doing it one by one.