ControlLogix and ControlNet Bridges

sherman4

Hi

I have another question regarding ControlNet: How many ControlNet bridges (1756-CNBR) can I install in one single ControlLogix Chassiss??, this question is somehow related to a topic I posted earlier...

If I cannot have more than 32 ControlNet connections (altought ControlNet can support "Theoretically" 99) without affecting the controlnet performance... can I have more than 1 ControlNet segment within the same ContrloLogix Chassiss?

Thanks for your help.

You can put quite a lot of 1756-CNB(R) modules in a single chassis; that's the point of making them modular. I always use a single ControlNet bridge for each functional ControlNet segment.

There's a difference between Nodes and Connections. A single ControlNet network can support up to 99 nodes, yes. Connections are a ControlLogix thing; each Controller can support up to 250 Connections, whether they are for I/O, or local modules, or communications. It's a pretty complicated topic, and is a major part of the ControlLogix User Guides.