Raw TCP/IP connection to Red Lion

Anyone have any experience in connecting RL G3 or CSMSTRLE in order to access, on a raw TCP/IP level, internal words comming from a PLC?

I suppose that with the param "Raw TCP/IP passive" (found under <System>) RL acts as a TCP listener waiting for a TCP client's request for connection. That works between 2 PCs, but when my TCP client program try to connect RL configured with "Raw TCP/IP passive" default address and port (192.168.1.20:1234) I get the Socket Exception with the message : "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it "

Any info or suggestion would be much appreciated.

Hello Philippe,

I am new to RedLion and working with Raw TCP/IP port. Have now idea where to start. Can you please update your thread how did you make the raw TCP/ip port working? My Red Lion will receive data from a PC through TCP/IP and send data to another unit through serial port. They both are raw types.

I would appreciate your kind help very much.

Hello Philippe,

I am new to RedLion and working with Raw TCP/IP port. Have now idea where to start. Can you please update your thread how did you make the raw TCP/ip port working? My Red Lion will receive data from a PC through TCP/IP and send data to another unit through serial port. They both are raw types.

I would appreciate your kind help very much.

This is based on a previous project and I don't guarantee that it is the only or the best way to do this...

To receive data you would use the Raw TCP/IP Passive Driver and to send data you would use Raw TCP/IP Active.

Assuming you have the IP Address etc set up on the Active port you would write a program that uses PortPrint() to send data when you want it sent to the "slave" device Of course, the message needs to be in a format that the slave understands.

As to Receiving Data, you need to write a program that is called in the On Update event of the Passive Driver port. This program will parse the incoming data into a usable format for your application.

This works just the same using the Raw Serial Driver except the Mode is either Slave (like Passive above) and Master (like Active above)

I hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.