AB Kinetix 350 Compactlogix Configure

cehrman

We are building an exact duplicate of a previous machine. It has 3 motors run by Kinetix 350 drives. I have taken the previous Logix5000 program, installed it into the PLC. Have assigned all the IP addresses (3 drives, PLC, and HMI) to match the previous machine. When I go to test an axis, i get an error stating the axis is not configured. All A-B documentation relating to configuring an axis tells you how to create, assign, group, etc but that is already done. I can monitor the drive through RSLogix and it says the axis is owned, not configured.

I did see the rev number had changed, so I updated that to no avail...

Consider me a novice when answering.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Did you cycle the power on the drives after you changed the ip address.
Are you sure they are assigned to you motion group. When you look at your drive under the Ethernet card is there a axis assigned to the drive
What plc are you using and what card if it's control logix.

Sorry I only have more question than answers for you.

Donnchadh

Yes, I did cycle the power. The PLC is a compactlogix 1769-L27ERM-QBFC1B. The PLC and drives are all linked theough a Stratix ethernet switch. The 3 Kinetix drives are listed on the ethernet network. The axes all show up under "motion 1" under motion groups.

Tried doing that with one drive the other day, tried it with all three drives today. Still no luck.

Do you have an enable input wired in?
If not, do you still have digital input 1 set as enable, under digital inputs, of the module properties?

Hi

Did you try to disable the keying for the servo drive.
I will have access to a K350 tomorrow and I will try to recreate you fault.

Donnchadh

When the enable input is off, the axis LED is off. When the enable input is on, the axis LED blinks green.

The module LED blinks green all the time. Network LED is solid green.

I tried disabling the keying, no luck.

Thanks for all the help. Any other ideas, please let me know.

Hi

Again not sure but I think you will. It enable your drive untill you have the module light solid green. I will pull out the manual in a while and come back to you

Donnchadh

Yes, the manual tells you to wait for the green light to stop flashing. Useless.

The feedback cable appears to be correct.