Modicon 584 remote I/O trouble

Tech7

We are having another Modicon issue, this time it's a Modicon 584 with a remote I/O network and no local I/O. Originally, the PLC CPU was dropping out of "RUN". Using the old Proworx NXT software we were getting an error 20, "CPU Bad". Tried reloading the program anyway and could not resolve this problem. Decided to change out the entire PLC nest(the nuclear way)containing the CPU, memory expansion, I/O card etc. Once we loaded the program into it(including the configuration in traffic cop), we were able to get a run light. The only problem now is it will not communicate with the J200 I/O expander unit so none of the remote I/O will respond. The only light on the J200 is the power light. The Xmit and Rcvr lights are not lit. Since the new main nest was just recieved from rework/rebuild, we have ordered a new J200 remote I/O expander module. I am hoping this will fix the problem. Am I on the right track or is there something I'm totally missing? Modicon Gods, please help.

T7