Setting Internal Tag "Start Values" in WinCC

Rusty_K

Hello,
I'd like to know if anyone knows how to set internal tags in WinCC such that they are not reset after WinCC is shut down and restarted. Basically, I would be looking to modify the "Start Value" of an internal tag through runtime. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

R.K.

Rusty,

I don't think it's possible, can't you use a externel tag ?? or tel me your problem
and I look into it

Greetings Marcel

Hello,
I am using WinCC V5.1 HF2 with the WebNavigator and would like the user to be able to modify values of certain internal tags. These modifications should remain the same whether or not WinCC is restarted...in essence am I able to modify an internal tags "Start Value" during runtime? Are these "Start Values" of the internal tags stored in the WinCC database and if so, am I able to access and modify them during runtime via C script or by some other method.

Cheers

R.K.

Well, think of internal tags as global variables in a programming language.For example, if you write a VB program and declare a var:

Dim x

and then run this little program and after a while x becomes 5 (x=5), this remains only for the time the program runs. When it stops, variable x does not exist. In your case, the tag is reset when you shutdown, so you can keep the value of this tag in a text file(this can be done by an C action when the user presses a custom "shutdown" button and NOT the stop button in the CC!!), and load it everytime the Runtime starts.Hope it helps!

Nick

I had also this problem, I found only some work arounds..
1st put these tags in a Usrer Archive or
2nd write them into a normal Ascii-File
both will work, but the 1st one is easyer, but more expansive if you don`t want to use these Archives as well...
happy programming
Raabun