Enclosure Pricing

As others have mentioned, it all depends on vendor pricing in your area.

My last job was exclusively Hoffman. We had a ridiculous pricing for it. My current job is all Saginaw for the same reason.

We have even had the Rittal sales person come in and try to beat our Saginaw pricing (they couldn't for us - but I know they did for another company).

I was pretty surprised at our rate for panels where I am now. So much so that I don't give a second thought to using a large panel for the extra room, because the cost difference is nearly negligible.

We gwt some of our floor stand enclosures made by our custom sheet metal supplier. They come out great with laser cut connectors , if we specify them. Seems at least 25 percent cheaper than if I were to purchase from a supplier...somehow.
Maybe find a company that has made enclosures before and can get them certified.
Although we do alot of sheet metal work with them too, so I'm sure we get a pretty descent deal.

When I worked for an integrator in my previous life, we had a local sheet metal fab shop that could do this as well; all we had to do was provide the AutoCAD drawings of our cabinet, and they did the rest. They used waterjet cutting for cutouts and pushbuttons, etc. Cheaper than Hoffman or Saginaw, and just as good quality.

The problem we ran into is that we were a UL508A certified panel shop, and they were not on the manufacturers list. If a panel needed a NEMA rating, they could build it, but not certify the rating.