Intouch Wonderware LGH and IDX files

willcheung12

Hi everyone,

Working with Wonderware Historical Logging, I've been having issues where sometimes trending will stop working. Trends will be a black box or it will crash the software entirely.

I have data being stored on a HDD with 400GB of free space, so that is not an issue. I also have only two sessions running, one on the console and one remost desktop session.

I've been overcomming this problem, by deleting the current day's lgh/idx files and then restarting the Console Session.

However, as of recently there have been two sets of lgh and idx files being generated on the same day. Also, it looks like my previous day's files have been overwritten. But I still have the data in the trend . This leads me to believe that the current day's files were appended to yesterday's.

This is an issue since when deleting the current day's files will delete multiple days worth of data.

Has anybody come across a problem like this? Please let me know if you need more information from me.

Thank you in advance.

I would start with reviewing your OS Version and your Intouch Version. You could check the wonderware website kbase for compatibility with the versions you have. Also, you may search to see if there is a patch for the Intouch Version that you have.. What OS and Version Intouch do you have? When you checked the box to enable historical logging, how many days did you enter in the window for keeping the files. Normally, I put 30 days and I haven't seen issues like you are describing..

You’re running 2x versions?
How are you developing/deploying?
Is it possibly that both runtimes are writing to the same set of historical files??