Logix 5000 Virtual Axis Control

jonfarrugia

I'm working on a project that is using a virtual axis to control a hydraulic cylinder and a proportioning valve.

Originally the hydraulic PID Position was controller via the virtual axis. We have had to modify the controls. When the cylinder is commanded to move we issue a MAM to the new position but depending on the distance to the target we may go to an open loop control. So basically there is a closed loop control that uses the Virtual Axis and an open loop control. When the open loop control gets close to the target, we move to a close loop control. The issue I'm having is that during open loop control, the cylinder moves faster then the virtual axis is commanding. So when I am within tolerence of the target position and switch back to closed loop via the virtual axis, the trajectory generator takes awhile to catch up before it says the move is complete.
I'm looking to find a way to change the virtual axis trajectory to equal the target position which in turn should cause the MAM to be Done and hold the target position.

John:

I have used 1756-hyd02 from rockwell, if you use this module ,you have no need to use virtual axis.
This way you can control speed, accel, decel etc.
You have to install a transducer inside your cylinder and connect it to the 1756-hyd02 module.

John:

I have used 1756-hyd02 from rockwell, if you use this module ,you have no need to use virtual axis.
This way you can control speed, accel, decel etc.
You have to install a transducer inside your cylinder and connect it to the 1756-hyd02 module.

Thanks for the info but at this point in the project I cant change hardware. I need to work with what I have.