RS500 wont start RSlinx (quickly)

Patient

Just installed RS500 and RSLinx on a new Win7 x64 VM.

When I open RS500 and try and who active a server busy message box appears and rslinx doesn't seem to open. When I do this on RS5000 it works fine. When RSlinx is opened from opening RS5000, RS500 works.

I've read about deleting a harmony file but this didn't work.

Seems that if I wait 5-10 minutes, RSlinx will open correctly. Still there is a massive delay on RSLinx opening where it doesn't happen with RS5000.

I've experienced the same or similar problem, not in a VM, with none of the resolutions fixing it. I just put up with it and don't close RS500 unless I have to.

Had this happen today. Turned off the wireless connection on pc and activations came good, and rs 500 started quick.
Rob.

Check your Factorytalk Activation manager. I bet a remote connection (normally over wireless) is listed first then your local directory is listed second.