Help Regarding Communication with AB Mpicrologix 1200

playstarraj

I have a micrologix 1200 with me, it communicates with pc with the help of Rs-232 Cable. My computer have Usb so i connect the usb to serial cable and make use of converter to convert serial to rs 232 through an adapter and then communicate with plc. But recently my adapter got damaged so i ordered an secondary one but it is also not communication. Earlier i used Prolific Adapter, but one i have received now is ch340 one. It is not communicating with new one too. What should i do?

Some USB to serial adapters work better than others and some don't work at all (with RSLinx). If you are able to get your hands on another Prolific device that's what I'd try and do (if you can't get the one you have now working). Of all of the adapters I've used over the years the Prolific work the best (with both Windows 7 and 10)