Ignition Users?

damica1

I just thought maybe some of the Scada users would share a screen shot.

I'm in the Oil & Gas industry.

But heres a couple of mine.

HelmOverview.jpg HelmInj.jpg

We just got an Ignition server this year and still in the learning process.
As far as HMI goes. Which module do you prefer to use? Vision or Perspective?

Great screens.
I am on project that they are having a great deal of problems with the communication with Ignition.

May I ask what are your screen update times?
How many tags does ignition have configured for that PLC?

We have a 1769-L36ERMS compact logix
Using OPC in Ignition
38 remote point I/O & valve manifolds

I am only doing the PLC code,
they have 4 people building the GUI, too many cooks maybe.

I think that they are missing settings somewhere.

Dryhops - That's a great looking screen!

What is your role with Ignition?

I am a one man show at a production brewery, in terms of controls and ignition. I am maintaining and extending features of our ignition SCADA, which is exclusively what we use for operator HMI on our equipment. An integrator originally used ignition for our brewhouse controls and tank controls. They utilized a lot of the fantastic features that ignition offered, so it was easy to see the potential. Over the last few years we have continued to add new equipment and processes, and especially expanded our data collection. We use it to track packaging efficiencies, monitor inventories, synchronize lab data with production data, and generally have better monitoring of anything we need eyes on.

I'm at home now so I can't provide specific tag metrics, but we collectively have 100k+ tags, with at least 70k on a 1000ms scanclass. This is across 6 PLCs, but a vast majority is from just 3 PLCs. 1756 and 1769 families of controllogix and compactlogix.

Dryhops - That's a great looking screen!

What is your role with Ignition?

I am actually the original developer of Dryhops application ;) Nice to see it again.

Great screens.
I am on project that they are having a great deal of problems with the communication with Ignition.

I am only doing the PLC code,
they have 4 people building the GUI, too many cooks maybe.

4 people?? On a Compactlogix project? They are doing it wrong...

I am a one man show at a production brewery

Right now, I am also a one man show. I have a installation crew that installs all the hardware, but I do all the plc, sql database, python, programming for everything else.

All of our locations are very remote, we use MQTT and have our own "Private Cellular Network" for communication.

It's great to hear from other users, keep up the great work.

Great screens.

How is the polling set up on the tags (In 'Tag Groups')?
That is where you set up the tag polling rates in Ignition, not on the screens themselves. I have a bunch of tag groups, but for most of the HMI work, I use a 'Leased' type, with a background polling rate of 2500ms, and an 'In Use' polling rate of 150ms.

Also, what communications driver are you using? The OPC UA driver in Ignition, with the 'Allen-Bradley Logix Driver', and even the older V20 and before drivers, are excellent, far far superior to RSLinx /Linx Enterprise. Just don't go overboard with the 'Max Concurrent Requests'... Unless you really know what your communications is, it is easy to bog down the PLC CPU by cranking that number up.

We have a 1769-L36ERMS compact logix

Very late reply... but just FYI this could also be an issue with load on the PLC, especially if you have a large number of tags. From AB FW >= 21, comms became super inefficient when reading AOI tags directly. Check your load factor in the Ignition gateway for each PLC device. If it's above 100%, you won't be polling at the rate you're requesting. If that's the case, then I would check the number of tags you're trying to read as well as the number of AOI tags you're reading. You may need to start using UDT's by mapping UDTs into the AOI block in the PLC instead and reading the UDT members from Ignition (this affects all SCADAs I believe, not just Ignition - FactoryTrash might be an exception since it's RA-developed and they would have the inside access to their proprietary c r a p (why is that a curse word??). But who in their right mind would use FactroyTrash???)

Damica1 - just a quick question. In screen 2 it looks to me the pump may be plumbed backwards. I thought the "eye" of the pump was always the inlet of the pump.... unless the arrows are backwards??