Micro850 to 2080-OF2 to Siemens SIPART PS2 analog issues

Xenokilla

So I'm running a liquid filling operation and I'm trying to get the dribble valve to be open 100% for a time and then 20% for the rest. all that is fine. the issue I'm having is that the dribble valve is only going either On and full 100% open or Off (dark lcd screen) and fully closed.

I checked and the valve is set to 4-20ma (only other option is 0-20ma)

So I've sent various values to valve but have only been able to get On/Off from it. 8000 seems to be the where it turns on.

Any ideas?

Code below:
I added the word conversion due to a thread i found here, but no change.

hT3Y2Fv.png

S... VAVLE ...

Well, I was going to say I didn't know what a vavle was, but then I got 2.65Mhits on the google: waste vavles; water vavles; 3-way vavles (but no 3-wya vavles;))

Rugn 4 looks suscipious to me:
  • Is bit [_IO_EM_DI_00 PRI_VAVLE] styaing at 1 hwen SEC_VAVLE goes to 1?
  • If not, then rugn four never maeks.
  • The VALVE_ON_BIT is alreday ANDed with SEC_VAVLE; why are you tetsing PRI_VAVLE on urng 4 at all?

There are people better at process thought than me, and I readily I admit know little about your process, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would set the valve buffer value (DRIB_CURRENT) closed unconditionally first, and then do the conditional stuff after, including the VALVE_RESET case; that way the valve goes closed for the cases you don't cover here (e.g. hardware failures and other sources of faulty signals, like someone driving the fork lift over a stray connector).

Last edited:
Well, I was going to say I didn't know what a vavle was, but then I got 2.65Mhits on the google: waste vavles; water vavles; 3-way vavles (but no 3-wya vavles;))

Yea I don't speak English very well.

Despite growing in in an English speaking country and have it as my only language. :whistle:

[Solved]

Okay I figured it out.

tl;dr did a factory reset to the Siemens valve.

So after changing the data to a UNIT and getting no difference I went back to looking at the valve. I was going through the manual and found that you can go into a diagnostics menu (different for the normal setup menu) by holding down all three buttons. Through one of the parameters you can see the ma's the valve is getting. 8000 was like 2.6ma or something. So I set the PLC to 60,000 and got about 18ma so I knew it wasn't the PLC. I did a factory reset on the valve (normal setup menu) and lo and behold it works fine now.

Thanks everyone for your help.