Hi. Could you help me to convert a simple ladder diagram into Pascal, C,or Basic code

Boyko Boykoff

I am trying to convert this simple ladder diagram (for Omron Symatic 200) into Pascal, C or Basic. I want to use a PICmicro instead of PLC, but I can't convert the LAD into PICBASIC PRO. Could you help me please.
Thanx.
P.S. The LAD program is in attached gif file.

ladder.gif

Sorry I don't know how to do a timer in BASIC. It is not equivalent to a DELAY, PAUSE, WAIT, etc.

IF v1 AND NOT v2 then [TIM0]
IF v1 AND NOT v25 THEN OUT v24
IF t0 AND NOT T1 AND NOT v0 AND NOT v3 AND NOT v5 THEN OUT v25
IF v25 AND NOT v4 THEN [TIM1]

Not quite.

IF v1 AND NOT v2 THEN TIMER(T0,100,1) ELSE TIMER(T0,100,0)
IF v1 AND NOT v25 THEN v24=1 ELSE v24=0
IF t0 AND NOT T1 AND NOT v0 AND NOT v3 AND NOT v5 THEN v25=1 ELSE v25=0
IF v25 AND NOT v4 THEN TIMER(T1,10,1) ELSE TIMER(T1,10,0)[/

-----

The Timer function {TIMER(Done bit,Preset,Enabled)} is fairly complex. It uses at least 3 integer registers, one to store the preset, one to track the accumulated value, and one to track against the system clock (RTC), as well as other internal bits.
Code:
If Enabled = 1 AND Internal_Enabled = 1, then 
    If (RTC - System Clock Track) > 1 sec (assuming your timer is on a 1 second time base) 
    Then System Clock Track = System Clock Track - 1;
         Accumulated Value = Accumulated Value + 1

If Accumulated Value > Preset Value 
    Then Done Bit = 1
    Else Done Bit = 0

If Enabled = 1 AND Internal_Enabled = 0 
then system clock track = system clock.
Internal_Enabled = 1

If Enabled = 0 Then Done bit = 0;
                    Accumulated Value = 0
                    Internal_Enabled = 0

Or something like that.

But one of the big keys about PLC coils is the fact that if the instruction is false, the PLC resets the bit.

Last edited:
"But one of the big keys about PLC coils is the fact that if the instruction is false, the PLC resets the bit."

Cheers Allen, of course... I wasn't thinking back to my old BASIC days - If one sets a value, it stays that way until modified. DOH!