Ge lm9030 dos software: Oiu_menu.bat

Byron

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings Fellow Techies,
What pray tell is OIU_MENU.BAT ?

I have GOOGLED THE HECK out of this one, cannot find out what it is.

In Logicmaster 90, TOP MENU: F5: OI, ... click it and the next screen says:
OPERATOR INTERFACE UTILITIES MENU
IS NOT INSTALLED AS \PCOP\BAT\OI_MENU.BAT

I want it. I don't need it. I want it... addicted to DOS.

I have PCM and now APM and I want ALL OF IT.

I thought perhaps it might be related to Nematron FANUC or ??? help if you can.

AB SNIP...
Working on a PLC 2 also. Why not. ... TOPDOC? That'll be another post... ICOM vs TOPDOC vs ???

Thanks for any feedback...
B'rone :-]

As Steve said.
Also one could edit the OI_Menu.BAT file which would run when that menu item was selected to do other OIUs. I had a few customers who used the Horner Operator Interface Unit and we would set this up to run their software from within LM90.

The HMI option used a PCM module to drive screens on a Nematron display. There were two sizes of display, a full 80 character wide by 25 character high screen and a "Mini OIT" which was 80-character by 15 lines. You could store screen template files on the Nematron unit and the PCM would write data to specific row/column locations on the screen to display PLC data to the operator. The full size display had function keys and a numeric keypad for navigation and data entry. The Mini could be ordered with a touch screen option.

The full size was a CRT unit. I think the Mini may have been a plasma screen, but I could be mistaken on that score. I remember one installation of a color Nematron OIT where the customer complained about the screen colors. It turned out that the shop that welded the control cabinet had used a magnetic fixture to hold the pieces together. There was enough residual magnetism in the cabinet to deflect the beams of the three color guns to the wrong set of phosphors on the screen. Once we degaussed the control panel the colors were right.

If I remember correctly, in addition to the software to create the Nematron screen files, you also had to have a specific set of files installed on the PCM module.