S5 programming cable

mrt19

Hello All,

I need to download some S5 plc programs. I have a TTY convertor that enables me to hook up to the plc. But ont he other side of the convertor there is 25 pin female connector, this is were I have a problem. I need a cable to go from this 25 pin female to a 9 pin to hook into the computer. Will any convetor cable work? Is there a special convertor cable for this purpose? I have 2 cables of this type put the "wiring" in the cable is different bwtween the 2. Does anyone know the pin out for the cable I need or how I can tell is one of the cables I have will work or not work?

Thanks for the help,
mrt19

Hi,
I use the siemens converter Pc/Rs232 "6ES5 734-1BD20" which is the TTY converter and then a normal
9pin to 25pin short lead RS 202-644 as below.
Db9 female to Db25 male
1--------------8
2--------------3
3--------------2
4--------------20
5--------------7
6--------------6
7--------------4
8--------------5
9--------------22
shell----------shell

regards.

thanks rigicon,

Where can get a "normal 9pin to 25pin" convertor. The cables that I have do not match the pin out you listed. Can I get one at lets say radio shack, walmart, etc?

Thanks again,
mrt19

That part number RS 202-644 is our Radio shack in England "http://uk.rs-online.com/web/". Rs components, I think it is Radio shack equivalent in the states. The cable I have definitely works so the pin outs are correct. If you log into the RS website you can download a PDF of the cable and check the specs out.

Thanks for all you help. I found a new cable on eBay that goes from plc to pc complete with TTY convertor. It only cost $45 and has lifetime warranty. So I am going this route.

Thanks again, mrt19

Good stuff.I hope it all works. I actually went back and checked my cable and it still works. S5 is obsolete now but it is hardy & powerful.