Mitsubishi GX Developer-FX (v 5)

dgwill

I am fairly new to programming - can someone let me know as to how to insert a timer into a programme ( using the above mentioned software) - any help would be appreciated.

click on the coil icon enter the timer # and preset (K is for constant) example T1 K10 Depending on plc timers are 100msec, 10 msec and some have a 1msec timers check the manual for timer ranges. You can also us a data register as a preset, example T2 D25

Code:
   X0                        K 10
---| |-----------------------(T1)
   T1 
---| |----------

Timer must be a coil and entered like this T1 K10

N/O T1 controls whatever you want after X0 has been on for 1 sec

or use F7 to insert coil not F8

T1 K10 for constants
T1 D3 for data word (Memory area)

All the different types of FX's are different in regard to their timebase so check each manual carefully, I've been caught out before...........

Mitsubishi timers

Thanks to all who replied - it helped. Going on from this, where can I find out what the constants are? For example - I have a program for a FX1N showing a timer T0 K4, only I do not have a manual for this PLC - how do I determine if K4 = 0.4, 4.0 or 40secs?
Also how do I get an 'off delay timer' and a 'one shot timer'.

Apart from this forum ( which is proving to be quite useful)can anyone advise as to wherelse I can get this type of info/literature from, relating to Mits. plc's?

Mitsubishi timers

Mylo - thanks for reply, but what does 'semm' mean in the last line of info.

Have tried logging onto Mits website but cannot get in, even through the Mits. UK site. Anyone else have similar problem?

"semm" means that I typded badlay & quiklly sooo it shud ave red "seem" as in they all "seem" to be in that particular range, :rolleyes:

bawling
my bad.

From Mitsubishi manual FX1N Specifications
FX Series Programmable Controllers PLC Device Tables 8
Timers (T)
100 msec
Range: 0 to 3,276.7 sec
200 points
T0 to T199
10 msec
Range: 0 to 327.67 sec
46 points
T200 to T245
1 msec
Range: 0 to 32.767 sec
4 point
T246 to T249
100 msec
retentive
Range: 0 to 3,276.7 sec
6 points
T250 to T255

Hi Dgwill

There are no designated off delay timers with the Mitsubishi Fx range. So you have to make your own. Here are a few examples.

-| x0/ |------------------------( T0 K50 )

-| X0 |-----------!-----------------( Y1 )
-| Y1 |--| T0/|---!

--------------------------------------END

-| X0 |--------------------!-------( M1 )
!---[ RST T0 ]

-| M1 |------------------!---------( T0 K100 )
-| M2 |--| T0/ |---------!---------( M2 )

--------------------------------------END

-| X0 |-----!----| T1/ |----------------( M4 )
-| M4 |-----!----| X0/ |----------------( T1 K70 )

----------------------------------------------END

Regards

Lightning

Last edited:
here is some example picture

Following the answer above..
100 ms Timer make to second = K /10
10 ms Timer make to second = K /100
1 ms Timer make to second = K /1000
I post some picture with GX Dev...Version 8
but familiar with version 5 too.

fx developer timer.jpg