Totalizer block in PCS7

Maia

Does anyone tried using a totalizer CFC block in PCS7? I found one but it's for Profibus_PA field instruments. There's such a block in ABB Application's Builder but I can't find that in Siemens PCS7. Please help.

Please explain more. Are you looking for some field-mounted instrument or just a block in your program.

In the other hand, as far as I know Siemens doesn't have a ready block for totalizer in Simatic and you should build the same using mathematical functions. But I saw the same block in all sorts of ABB softwares such as Digitool and Control Builder F.

I need a block that totalizes or simply add up a value from its input in an interval of five minutes. Say for the first five minutes, the flow is 900KPH, then 1000KPH for the next five minutes. This gives a totalized value of 1900KPH (in ten minutes). Basically, the block just adds up any value from its input. You're right, I have used such block in an ABB PLC and its working well. The closest block I found in Siemens PCS7 is the INT_P. But it does not work the way I want it to. There's an integral function in its computation.

If you are familiar with PCS7 you probably know that it uses different scan groups while executing the program, adding a value every scan cycle, depending on the scan time can make it pretty big after just a while. In your case it sounds like you want to add the value every time it differs from the previous one is that correct? Can you use a floating average and then add this?
It's not clear what you want.. picking a random number every fifth minute doesn't make sense to me, and definitely not if you want some totalizer functionality.

Regards Mårten

You're right Marten. I've been telling them the same thing. But they are insisting to make the time interval 5 minutes. But I'm thinking it would be better to do the 5-minute interval in the WinCC. So I just need the totalizer w/ 1second scan rate. Just today, I have come up w/ a customized block for the totalizer function (I still wonder why its not a standard block in Siemens). Anyway, what I need now is to know the scan rate of OBs in run-time editor so I would know where to install the block.

Thanks,
maia

Hi maia!

The scan times for the different OB's configured you will find under the CPU in the HW, if you use the data type SAMPLE_T you're free to put your SCL code in whatever OB you want regardless of scan time, just remember to check the little box "update sampling times" before compiling.

Regards Mårten