PLC 5-15 powers up in remote program mode

don1969

I have a 1785-LT B PLC 5/15 processor that on power up starts up in remote program mode instead of remote run mode. The key switch is in remote. I have never seen this before, all our processors are set in remote mode and always start up in remote run mode. Any ideas? Thanks, Don.

get online and change the processor status to run,there is a drop down on the top left that at the moment will be in "remote".the key switch can be in either "remote" or "run".

If you have an EPROM stuck in the bottom of the processor it may be loading off the EPROM on start. In that case I think it will start in program mode.

Keith

Long time since I was in affairs with AB 5/15, but I recall that this is a DIP switch setting in the chassiss it self, if I still remember it is no 8.

Cheers
Hagos