RS View Machine- Missing Tags

Coachman

Just got back from the AB Automation Fair , and ready to go.
I have a question about a project I'm working on. Writing a
ControlLogix program and creating new tags ,and while I'm making
my program changes I am also grabbing these tags and putting them
in my RS View project. All of a sudden I cannot find the tags I
created. The tags are in the PLC , I just can't find them in RS View. I selected refresh folders.Do you have any ideas.I only have
about 98 tags in my program.

A couple of quick questions:

1. Which RSView software package are you using? RSView SE? RSView ME?

2. What version of RSView ME (or SE) are you running?

Rick

Last edited:
RS View ME 3.20 , Tags are in the Program Scope

What gets me, is I was going along fine and just could not find my new Tags any longer.

Thanks in Advance

Coachman said:
RS View ME 3.20 , Tags are in the Program Scope

What gets me, is I was going along fine and just could not find my new Tags any longer.

Thanks in Advance

Had the same problem with Me 3.2. I could only see the new tags if I performed a reboot on my PC, or went into Task Manager and shut down all FactoryTalk and Rockwell services, then relaunched.
Ver 4.0 seems to be more stable with tag updates.

Ian

I guess V4 is more stable, although I have limited experience. Maintained a system last year in 3.2, and developed one from scratch last 3 months in 4.0. V4 I have usually had to close the IDE and restart it to see newly added tags (looking at RSLogix 500). OTOH, adding the tags is a breeze- a little slow, but very easy to do. My RSLogix 500 program has about 4000 tags though, so that may have something to do with the time it takes to read in a file for loading.