Importing RSLogix5000 tags to Factory talk view studio

farman.ali

Hi!
I am struck at this point to import 1000 tags from RSLogix5000 to Factory Talk View Studio.
When I choose the factory talk view CSV file I want to import, a pop up ALERT appears and says......

"(The tags export file.csv) does not appear to be a Factory Talk View CSV export file, or does not contain any tags.

It is the correct file that I exported from the processor. I have read the pdf manual concerning exporting/importing controller tags.

Does anyone have any ideas or solutions to my problem??

Why are you trying to import tags? It is unnecessary.

You can directly reference tags in the PLC or in the offline copy of the PLC file. Importing is not required.

OG

You don't have to import tags like this way.
In the communication-setup tab, you can point FT view to the off-line RSLogix5000 program file.

If you need a tag for a button for example, you go to the connection tab of that button,click on the "Tag" button, and you will see a pop-up screen. In this screen on the right side you see you're connection, click on the + and will see offline and online in the tree.
If you click on offline and refresh, you will see the tags on the right side, just select the one you need...

Jack

As far as I know, you have to create each HMI tag by hand. There is no import.

And I despise the Direct Reference usage. Nice for a quick fix, or maybe very small PanelView applications, but horrible for general use on a large system.

Thanks for your Reply.
Actually I want to browse all Tags at one time either to make each tag one by one.
Total Tags are 3000.
So Please Help

Thanks for your Reply.
Actually I want to browse all Tags at one time either to make each tag one by one.
Total Tags are 3000.
So Please Help

I've done this for 4 applications running here in the Factory.
I've never typed any tag in FT view, always picked it from the offline or online file.

So give it a try...

Jack

Thanks Jack.
You are right but I want to Import all tags in HMI Tag FOlder to have in my database so that I can use it for Global Scripting for using builtin Smart Objects.
Total Tags are 3000 .

I've done this for 4 applications running here in the Factory.
I've never typed any tag in FT view, always picked it from the offline or online file.

So give it a try...

Jack

Thanks Jack.
You are right but I want to Import all tags in HMI Tag FOlder to have in my database so that I can use it for Global Scripting for using builtin Smart Objects.
Total Tags are 3000 .

FactoryTalk View only uncludes HMI tags for legacy applications (such as communicating with SLC or off-brand processors via OPC). While you technically CAN use them, Rockwell really doesn't want you to.

I'm not sure what you mean by Global Scripting or Smart Objects. Do you mean the faceplates? If so, you can use faceplates without HMI tags, just pick the processor tag that corresponds with the object (If you're using an Alarm block, for example, just specify the processor tag for that whole Alarm instruction)