Direct Logic 205 PLC - Modbus TCP Help

edward.ortiz

Hello! I have a couple years of experience programming Siemens PLCS so I am a bit lost on programming the Direct Logic 205. I would really appreciate if I could get some assistance with this. I am trying to create a program, using DirectSOFT 6, that will communicate via Modbus TCP. I would like to read information and also send out information using the Modbus TCP communication. If you would like more information in all that I am trying to accomplish please let me know. Any sample program would definitely be helpful as well. I greatly appreciate your help.

In the DirectSOFT 5, There is a special function block for the Modbus communication, it seems to be direct forward, just enter the
Slave id
Modbus command with selectable option (Eg: Read Coil, Write coil)
data size
data address
and if you wanted to test without a Modbus TCP slaves, can use simulators in the computer as slave through the Ethernet port

Assuming you have (or are planning to get) the ECOM100 card there are two methods.

The ECOM100 manual details using the standard WX and RX instructions. If you are using a CPU which supports the IBox extensions then this application note details using them for Modbus TCP communications.

In either case the 'PEER TO PEER' table within the ECOM100 must be set up (using NETEDIT) to link a 'Device Number' to a particular IP and protocol. This information is also within the application note I referenced

The instructions referred to by amulyan (probably the MWX and MRX commands) are for the serial ports only. it's too bad because they are really easy to use.

Last edited: