Direct access to VxWorks kernel

CapinWinky

I've got some controllers from various brands laying around that all run VxWorks as the kernel and, for hobby reasons, I'm interested in digging into them to see what I can do. I'm talking about going beyond documented functionality to directly interface with the kernel, but I'd be interested in brand specific undocumented functionality too. I haven't done too many low level things besides creating math functions that could use the ANY_INT data type in ST. I'm pretty much going at this without knowing what is even possible with a copy of Wind River's application programming guide that I haven't read yet.

Has anyone done anything like this? Anyone that works with/for Wind River or a PLC maker have any pointers? I have a surplus B&R APC and a B&R PP220, as well as a PacDriveM C400 with a broken LED readout.

If you don't want to post stuff for the general public, PM me, I'm not going to put any of this on a machine for a customer or try and hack anything.