Panelview 1400 touch screen terminal config mode

Proplas

We are unable to access the config screen, because there is no config button on the panelview screen. It appears that the other option of re-booting the panelview and pressing the "white square" at the bottom right has been disabled.
This is what happens ;
1. Re cycle power to panelview
2. Panel view starts self test on blue background.
3/ Screen refreshes the blue background, and the white filled square appears in the bottom r.h. corner.
4/ Press the touch cell over the white square, the screen goes to a black background and displays the free memory available. This memory allocation is maintained as the white cell is pressed. On releasing the cell the screen displays the application memu and not the config. screen.

We have also tried several times to upload the software using the panelbuilder, but the link always crashes at 99% complete!

Question; Does anyone know of a way around this, without loosing the panelview programme?

From the PV Manual (Publication 2711-6.1):

The Configuration Mode menu appears on powerup if an application is not loaded or if the menu was last displayed prior to a reset or power down.

To access Configuration Mode on keypad terminals:​
If an application is running, simultaneously press the Left and Right arrow keys on the terminal keypad.

To access Configuration Mode on touch screen terminals:

• press the Goto Config. Screen button on an application screen or

• press the filled box in the lower right corner of the screen during powerup.

I did not see a way to disable the "lower right corner" during power up. I'm surprised that pressing that didn't work for you. It sounds like you are immediately entering the "Memory Card" option, though why that would be - I don't know. Maybe if you only press (but don't hold) the white square? If you do get to the application screen, is the "Exit" button visible?

If you have a keypad, try the left/right arrow keys simultaneously. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to try.

As far as the "crash" on upload - what version of the PB32 software are you running? If you aren't at the latest release, I'd upgrade and try again . . .

Good luck,

Marc

I think that I've been able to download without telling the Panelview to go to config mode.

Use a serial cable (or the most direct connection you can get) and try a download. I'm pretty sure that the screen will switch modes for you.

You might also be pressing the wrong corner, or pressing at the wrong time when you're using the "white square" trick. I remember that it was tough to do, even when someone showed me the right way to do it.

AK

It's really very simple, just go to your application from your PC and add the "go to configure" button anywhere you like on your display, you can even put it under a login screen if you like, and simple download the new application to your panel view.