Addressing inputs/outputs in SLC500

rbyrne

I was looking for some help with Allen Bradley's I/O addressing scheme for the SLC-500.

I'd like to know how the address format when multiple racks are being used. I already know the format for single-rack systems,

ie:

I:x.y/z (I could be O in the case of an output card)

where:

x=slot number
y=word number (I often omit this because I rarely use more than 16 inputs at school)
z=bit (terminal) number

I've looked at AB's Addressing Reference, but multiple rack addressing isn't explained.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Byrne

Hope this helps
SLOTS.jpg

Similar Topics

I have a whole bunch of analog inputs that I need to scale to process values. Using JMP and LBL can I use indirect addressing to cycle through all...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have a Simatic SM374 (374-sxh01-0aa0) sim module. I am using TIA portal v.18. I can't find this module in my list of hardware devices...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a device with 68 words input. But one block on the Devicenet Scanner is only 61 words. I am trying to map this device to 2...
Replies
Views
We had an AC 800M stand alone controller fail. We have a spare, and we are trying to set it up on the bench. We can connect with the serial cable...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. Using the designer software for the HC900 had me thinking. How can I assign 1 variable so 1 single bit. Like how can I say that...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom