C for S7

Jirrr

Hello,
I have to create backup of our PLC but I can not upload the whole program because there is a FB that is created in "C for S7"....how can I add this language to Step 7 software?

Thanks a lot....

Thanks for this link...

But in my case it is not M7 cpu.....it is integrated(Sinumerik) 317-2DP 2AJ10...
There exist any C addon for Step 7???I have found nothing....

Some M7 processors could make use of "C" programmed functions via the integration of Borland C.

That was the stuff of nightmares for me. The control it could achieve was fantastic (I had it in a huge motion control system), but the setup or troubleshooting was scary at best. Both me and my colleagues that knew the liability it was (because we had literally the last two remaining processors that were available in the market) probably caused a tornado with the huge sighs when we heard it was to be decommissioned.

Are those locked Siemens FBs?
Last time I looked they were

Also , are you using the Sinumerik Toolbox add on?
If I remember correctly, you should be

Yes I have toolbox installed....in toolbox FBs,FCs are in basic progam locked and there is not FB15 at all...
But in our sinumerik they are all unlocked...and only FB15 is in C for S7 and can not be uploaded....

Can it be that some block are generated by Sinumerik itself????

This thread on Siemens Support forum tells you (in german):
FB15 in a Sinumerik PLC is similar to the SFCs and SFCs. It is fixed in the CPU and cannot be and is not supposed to be uploaded.
FB15 manages the communication between the regular PLC and the NC.
Do not download an FB15 to the CPU as it can make the program corrupt. If that happens FB15 can be restored by resetting the CPU.

https://support.industry.siemens.co...nahme-baustein-fb-15/64304?page=0&pageSize=10

So in short, you do not have to worry about FB15 in your program.

edit:
I am guessing that in order to make a complete backup of the Sinumerik PLC, you will need the source NC program.
I dont think it can be uploaded. I might be wrong, someone with experience in Sinumerik may know.

Last edited:
Thanks Jesper,

now it is much clearer for me...and I belive that from PLC,NC and also drives can be created some backup files....

and because I have no experience with Sinumerik 840D I must first find out how?

Back
Top Bottom