Simulation works With CPU 1500 and doesn’t work with 1200 why ?

Any name

Hello,
I’m developing a program and i found that my simulation works very well when i use CPU 1500 but when i use 1200 and i click download. A PG/PC window pop up for me and when i try to search the address to start loading it give me an error say that no compatibility. Why ?

Thank you

This is very very light on information. You haven't told us what TIA Portal you're running, how you change from S7-1500 to S7-1200, is it a new project, do you start a new instance of PLCSim, etc...

Do you care to give us more information?

This is very very light on information. You haven't told us what TIA Portal you're running, how you change from S7-1500 to S7-1200, is it a new project, do you start a new instance of PLCSim, etc...

Do you care to give us more information?

I’m Using TIA Portal V13 SP1, Yes i was changing by starting a new project. What do you mean by “ Instance of PLCSim “

I hope what i gave you now is enough.:D

Do you start PLCSim, then open your S7-1500 project, test it, then open your S7-1200 project and try to download to PLCSim?

This means that PLCSim, is already configured as a 1500 and won't reply as a 1200.

Additionally PLCSim has a selection for which type of CPU you want to simulate. Did you choose this?

Do you start PLCSim, then open your S7-1500 project, test it, then open your S7-1200 project and try to download to PLCSim?

This means that PLCSim, is already configured as a 1500 and won't reply as a 1200.

Additionally PLCSim has a selection for which type of CPU you want to simulate. Did you choose this?

I’ll explain the whole situation. I was working on a program using S7-1500 and everything was going great. Today from the second i turned on my PC I decided to try 1200 that’s mean i didn’t use 1500 Simulation at all. I found that i couldn’t connect it to PLCSim and the other thing is that i can’t use STL in Main OB to call the program.

Yes i used the option PLCSim 1500/ PLCSim1200 and i couldn’t connect it.

1. What is the cat number / firmware version of the 1200? You need version 4 or greater for PLCSIM.
2. Not certain if TIA V13SP1 even supports PLCSIM for 1200 CPU.
3. S7-1200 does not support STL

1. What is the cat number / firmware version of the 1200? You need version 4 or greater for PLCSIM.
2. Not certain if TIA V13SP1 even supports PLCSIM for 1200 CPU.
3. S7-1200 does not support STL

It supports v4 but he would have to install an HSP