Incoming and Outgoing lights for 3 phase panel

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am doing a system for overseas.
Customer has requested "Incoming and Outgoing power lights" on the distribution panel.

Does anyone know who makes these?
I have seen them with fuses that can be serviced from the front of the panel.

We install Grace Engineered Products R-3W indicators on all of our machines. We actually went through all the panels in-house and added them as well.

http://www.graceport.com/safeside

For your system, I think it's imperative that your customer tell you exactly which electrical safety standard the panel will need to meet.

We install Grace Engineered Products R-3W indicators on all of our machines. We actually went through all the panels in-house and added them as well.

http://www.graceport.com/safeside

For your system, I think it's imperative that your customer tell you exactly which electrical safety standard the panel will need to meet.

I looked at these..
I assume I would need 2, 1 for main side and 1 for load side of main CB. That is what is on their other panels.
It is a 400V/3PH/4 wire system, and I noticed they have 4 wire units also.

If they've asked for indications for both sides of the breaker, then I agree that you would need two indicators.

My electrical inspector reminded me that the indicators themselves stay live when the breaker is OFF, so their conductors need to be labeled with orange tape or shrink-tubing and I need to put a warning label reminding users that the orange-flagged conductors are live when the breaker is OFF.

That's for my North American installation, of course; the local rules you are building for might require something different.

Panduit has a new version or the Graceport concept as well. What I like about theirs is that it's a fiber-optic connection to the panel mounted device, so no line power going to the door across the hinge.

https://www.panduit.com/en/landing-pages/verisafe.html

I like this unit...now to see how much it is.
I will need 2 on each panel, 1 for incoming power to the Main CB and 1 for after the Main CB.