Interested to know the drawbacks of Exd Junction boxes compare to Ex e Junction boxes

chauhanrasikendra said:
does work . I need to know the drawbacks of Ex d JB.

There are absolutely no drawbacks to using an EEx'd' JBox in an application where an EEx'd' JB is required. :ROFLMAO:

However there is a drawback to using an EEx'e' Jbox in an application that requires an EEx'd' Jbox....Its not allowed (n)

EEx'e' means "increased safety", meaning the enclosure:
  • has a high impact resistance,
  • will not hold a static charge,
  • maintains a minimum IP54,
  • contains no arcing or sparking devices,
  • has a controlled internal and external temperature
See IEC regulation 79-7 and CENELEC EN50 019

EEx'd' means "flameproof", meaning the enclosure:
  • will contain an internal explosion
  • has a controlled external temperature
See IEC regulation 79-1 and CENELEC EN50 018

EEx'd' boxes are explosionproof, so they are bigger and more expensive than a normal Jbox. But if you're in a zone 1 location and cannot meet an increased safety standard, you must go with EEx'd'.

$

Last edited:
also u have a lot of constraints in wiring in EEXe juction box

all componets used must be cetrifed for this use