Network questions (wincc flex runtime)

userxyz

In 2 weeks I have to start-up a new machine.

In test:
I have WinCC Flex Runtime on a PC. I save recipes on that PC in csv format. The MP277 panel is reading and writing to csv's on my PC as well. The wincc flex is connected via a swicth to the PN port of my 317 cpu.
The MP277 is communicating over profibus for critical data and over ethernet for some simple databasing.

Start-up:
In an office PC I will install flex runtime. The machine has to be connected to their ethernet companynetwork. I will choose IP's in their range. The WinCC Flex should communicate this way to the PLC. The MP277 has to be able to write and read csv's on a server location.

Can I have troubles to start this up, anyone with experience on starting up with a strange network ? I'm a little affraid that I will loose time to make this connection...

What should I take in care ?

I dont forsee any issues, get their IT to allococate fixed IP addresses for your gear

okay

Same thing for the server ? I have to write to csv's and read from them on a server, can this be seen as a remote PC with a certain path like //Servername/folder/ ?

One other thing, with My panel I read and write to shared folders, when I boot the machine, the panel allways asks a user login for the shared folders. This will not be a problem either ?

This is the way easiest approach. You dont have to worry about DHCP and/or routers.
I cannot imagine you will have any problems, when there are fixed IPs are in the same range, and the addresses are coordinated with your customer.

There was a FAQ on Siemens Support about using DNS names rather than IPs. I think that the login was also mentioned.

Didnt you post this same question before ?

This is the way easiest approach. You dont have to worry about DHCP and/or routers.
I cannot imagine you will have any problems, when there are fixed IPs are in the same range, and the addresses are coordinated with your customer.

Are you very sure about that?

The target PC/Server should be part of a domain/workgroup that has a DHCP/DNS. WinCCFlex Panel MP277 can only connect to other PC's if they(the PC/Server) are in a domain/workgroup with a DHCP/DNS.

This has given us several days worth of headaches and hairloss in the past.

The rest of the network should be fine.

ok

But if I know the name of the server on the network, and the name of the PC, then I should have no trouble ?

Are you very sure about that?

The target PC/Server should be part of a domain/workgroup that has a DHCP/DNS. WinCCFlex Panel MP277 can only connect to other PC's if they(the PC/Server) are in a domain/workgroup with a DHCP/DNS.

This has given us several days worth of headaches and hairloss in the past.

The rest of the network should be fine.

But if I know the name of the server on the network, and the name of the PC, then I should have no trouble ?

The MP277 specifically looks for the DNS to find the PC/Server. Without a DNS or DNS not knowing the PC/server, it's not gonna work.

The DNS needs to be specified when you configure the MP277's Ethernet settings.

Windows CE Networking

I was trying something on a machine that we have here...

Code:
StopLogging hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_Aantal_Complete_Cycli"
StopLogging hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_AM_PM"
StopLogging hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_Machine_Daait"
CloseAllLogs 
ArchiveLogFile hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_Aantal_Complete_Cycli", "[URL="file://\\Zeus\data\productie\plc"]\\Zeus\data\productie\plc[/URL]", hmiCopy
ArchiveLogFile hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_Machine_Daait", "[URL="file://\\Zeus\data\productie\plc"]\\Zeus\data\productie\plc[/URL]", hmiCopy
ArchiveLogFile hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_AM_PM", "[URL="file://\\Zeus\data\productie\plc"]\\Zeus\data\productie\plc[/URL]", hmiCopy
ArchiveLogFile hmiAlarmLog, "OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken", "[URL="file://\\Zeus\data\productie\plc"]\\Zeus\data\productie\plc[/URL]", hmiCopy
OpenAllLogs 
StartLogging hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_Aantal_Complete_Cycli"
StartLogging hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_AM_PM"
StartLogging hmiDataLog, "OMTR2876_Machine_Daait"

I'm activating this script with the schedueler every hour.

But I get this message:

Network Services cannot be started. Before you can connect you must change your computer name. You can change the name by opening the Communications control panel.

????????????????????????????????????????

I filled in the right IP adress. Communication to the PLC works, but writing to the server doesn't happen...

Changed the computername

Changed the computername,

Now the script runs, but...

I get this system message (reason of nog copying the files):

Bij het exporteren van het archief '\Storage Card MMC\Logs\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0.csv' kon geen doelbestand '\\Zeus\data\productie\plc\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0_20090615_174101_omtr2876.csv'
worden geschreven.

The file '\Storage Card MMC\Logs\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0.csv' could not be written to the destination '\\Zeus\data\productie\plc\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0_20090615_174101_omtr2876.csv'

Any ideas ?

Pinging all okay, netwok okay now.

hmm

Writing to a shared folder of my laptop works. I think it's an IT problem (server)

Changed the computername,

Now the script runs, but...

I get this system message (reason of nog copying the files):

Bij het exporteren van het archief '\Storage Card MMC\Logs\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0.csv' kon geen doelbestand '\\Zeus\data\productie\plc\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0_20090615_174101_omtr2876.csv'
worden geschreven.

The file '\Storage Card MMC\Logs\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0.csv' could not be written to the destination '\\Zeus\data\productie\plc\OMTR2876_Stop_Oorzaken0_20090615_174101_omtr2876.csv'

Any ideas ?

Pinging all okay, netwok okay now.