Red Lion PTV Comm Issues

rywins

We have a Red Lion PTV communicating with 6 devices. 3 relays (work fine) and 3 power meters. We can establish communications and read data just fine from the meters (about 10 data points (floats)) per device. However, randomly we lose communications and then it is re-established. I.e after 2 weeks comms lost for an hour.

Any settings within Crimson 3 that we may be able to tweak to help out? I attached what our current set up is.

ptvstation.jpg

what is M1PQM?
is it an old (perhaps slow) device?
you might increase comms delay.
are you sure it is Crimson and not the target hardware that is losing comms?

Is either device on a ups. Some ups do a self check every so often. If batteries are poor this could cause your issue.

Similar Topics

I set up a ProducTVity Station to read data queried from a SQL view. I moved that information into string tags to display on a large TV. I have a...
Replies
Views
Hello guys and gals. Just wondering if any of you have used any good alternatives that are similar to the Red Lion PTV unit. Thanks!
Replies
Views
Can anyone see what is wrong with this program? every time it gets to the Cell2 page it doesn't scroll any further. The goal is to have it switch...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I'm working with a PTV and am wondering if somebody knows of a way to log the info in the alarm/event viewer into a file other than...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know if a Red Lion PTV or Data Station Plus can connect to a SLC 5/04 over DH+? The Serial port is Used for the PC Based HMI and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom