Help with RWView transfer utility error

PLCRookie

All,
I am trying to upload a PV+600 file from running application in order to add some code, but I get the following error " The RSLinx Enterprise COMM link Tree ActiveX control could not be loaded".

Everything looks ok in RSlinx... I can see the CLX, PV, and all other devices....this is new to me.

I did get a new laptop recently...

Any help appreciated.....

OK.... That should be RS View.......

Last edited:
From what I can tell, your RSLinx is not installed correctly.

The only fix is to reinstall.

Or maybe your missing an update or driver required on your new laptop for RSLinx to work properly.

Are you still using XP on your new laptop?

Not sure if RSLinx is fully compatible with the newer OSs.

Thanks for the reply, Starr.

I will just have to bit the bullet and re-install, I guess.

I am experiencing some weird problems with this PC. Apparently, it belonged to another employee some time ago.

I also cannot get the wireless (to the plant network) to work while I am online thru the wired port. If I disable the wireless, the wire comes back up, fine. Never had that problem before with the other laptop. Today, all of my firewall exceptions that I used only yesterday were deleted. ;)

Could be the IT guys I guess

Today is a wash.....we are going home early, apparently a "blizzard" is on the way....we may get 2 inches.

šŸ™ƒ

Thanks again

Sorry the re-install didn't work.

I have a Dell D630 that does the same network thing, either wireless or ethernet, but not both at the same time.

Computer guys said that this computer only has one NIC that handles wireless and ethernet. So it was only capable of having one IP at a time which is not compatible with dual connections.(???)

RSLinx Classis Lite Version 2.51.

This has always worked for me in the past.........

I found a technote #35076 in the RA database, but I do not have a tech connect contract.

I love AB, I love AB, I love AB......

šŸ¤žšŸ»

Ok, I guess we should start from the begining.

You have a PV+600.

Are you trying to communicate using RS232 or an optional ethernet port?

I believe enterprise is required for ethernet comms, but not sure about RS232.

PV+600.
Ethernet/IP.

I have done this before with the exact same software.

Looks as though it could be a problem in RSView, not RSLinx.
I cannot read the full tech note, but it seems to infer something about the set-up of the panel in RSView.

Thanks for the help.

{Insert foot in mouth}

You are correct, RSLinx Classic does support the PV+600.

So what now........ back to searching.

well a subject which is close to my heart at the moment, as i have had to write alot of screens from scratch as we didnt have the .APA file and it wasnt created with version 5.00 which if it was then you can use the application manager to restore the application to an .APA file so unless you have the .APA file or if it was created in version 5.00 then you cannot actually modify an existing run time file .MER

Rob

It's not RSLinx Classic (which is what they call the regular standalone comm software now) that needs to be re- installed

RSLinx Enterprise needs to be re-installed. It should be one of the options when you run the RSView Studio (or FactoryTalk View Studio) CD...

Paul