Temperature control question?

alfonsopatlan

A
To anyone,
I am a student in electrical engineering. Though, my school doesnt offer courses in PLC, I am doing an independent study on PLC with a professor. I am a "rookie" to PLCs. Currently, I have a project due, it deals with temperature control, using ADCs and DACs, and I have somewhat of idea on how to approach, but i was wondering if someone could give some input. I am sure there is another way of seeing it. the following is the actual task: A heater is used to control the temperature of a liquid in a chemical process. It reads the temperature from a ADC, compares it to the required temperature and outputs a value that is proportion to the difference between the required temperature and the actual temperature through the DAC. For this example use a reference temperature of 400 celsius and a gain for the error signal of 100.

If anyone may know of books, websites, etc, any kind of help....I would appreciate your help. You can email any suggestions to my email address: [email protected]
Thankyou,
Al

Temp Control

If your process is fairly stable such as a heated process bath for etching wafers, you will be alright with an ON OFF control for the temprature control. However if there are a lot of variables in the heated process, such as introduction of other liquids hot AND OR cold, you will need a CLOSED LOOP CONTROL, PID. This also includes the ability to cool down your process should it overheat .........(CHILLER).....

Catch my drift....

Good luck.