Allen Bradley Programming Question

Ctrayler

I am working on converting a program from Allen bradley to Concept, I ran across an item in the ladder logic-

-][---[AFI]---][-----

I don't know what the AFI portion of this run represents, any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

This is an Always False Instruction. The suggested use is a temporary disable for a rung while testing or debuging. It may have been used to disable a portion which is no longer used.

I looked up the AFI instruction in Logix 5000 and it is an "always false". It makes the logic in the rung always false no matter the condition of the logic on the left of it. I guess that it is usually used in debugging a program. It does not show up in my RSLogix 500.

Thanks for the help, I believe that I understand the fact that if this is in the run, then that particular run is disabled. By the time I finish with this conversion, I think I may understand alot more about the allen bradley programming language. I thank everyone for their help as much of these terms I am not familiar with.

Thanks again
Chris

Just a little anally retentive remark.

CTRayler,
"it disables the rung" is not correct.
To use your terminology it would mean that OTE outputs in the rung would be remain in the last state when an AFI is inserted in the rung.
To rephrase your original sentence it would become "it disables the outputs in the rung, and ignores all other instructions".

smiller,
"it makes the logic in the rung allways false" is correct.

Point to be aware of: If there are OTE outputs in a rung, then they will be forced OFF after you have inserted the AFI. So the rung would still be active in a sense.