Help with Cutler Hammer D100A PLC (Toshiba EX40)

Old DOS software part 1of 3

Here is some very old Software for D100 cutler hammer EX20/40 toshiba called PDD.
It will run in a Dos window.
Might have problems if you don't have a real serial port.

THANKS jrwb4gbm REGUARDING THE D100CRA28: YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A LOT TO CHEW ON. AS OF NOW NO OUTPUT LIGHTS COME ON, AND I FOUND THAT THE MEM MODULE HAD BEEN INADVERTENTLY INSTALLED UPSIDE DOWN. IT IS NOT KEYED TO PREVENT THAT. ANY IDEA WHAT PROBLEMS THAT COULD CAUSE?

Thank you for uploading the PDD versions - now hoping when we get to the customer we can talk to this dinosaur PLC.
Hopefully you have access to an older computer with WindowsXP or earlier and a real RS232 commport instead of a USB to RS232 adapter. You "might" get it to work, I haven't tried it.

Hopefully you have access to an older computer with WindowsXP or earlier and a real RS232 commport instead of a USB to RS232 adapter. You "might" get it to work, I haven't tried it.

Thanks for your comments.

Yes we have a laptop that is Win 98 and a proper RS232 port so no issues there.

We have also built a RS232 to TTL converter.

PLC programming is not my area so a colleague is working on this.
Of course he has never seen the software before. However one issue seems to be although there is a .reg file the software is looking for a key.
Have you any hints how the files should be set up? Now they are just in a folder C:\ToshPLC\EX2040.

Any straws to clutch at will be appreciated.

I want to help. I am not that familiar with the EX2040 software as I am the D100 software. Which one are you trying to use? Is it the software in Post 46 or Post 47? I know the D100.zip program does not require a key and I don't think that the EX2040 one does either. I like the D100 program better only because I have used it more. You must start either program by clicking on the D10.bat file for the D100 software and the PDD.bat program for the EX2040 software. After that, both programs are no longer windows type programs. Therefore, everything is keyboard operated. The mouse is no longer used. By the way, just ignore that .reg file, it is a pre-windows program extension and is not a "key" type file. Also, I may be wrong but I think that your folder path is OK, but, I would recommend that the EX2040 be put in the root directory, like this. C:\EX2040.
Please come back with any questions that you might have.

I want to help. I am not that familiar with the EX2040 software as I am the D100 software. Which one are you trying to use? Is it the software in Post 46 or Post 47? I know the D100.zip program does not require a key and I don't think that the EX2040 one does either. I like the D100 program better only because I have used it more. You must start either program by clicking on the D10.bat file for the D100 software and the PDD.bat program for the EX2040 software. After that, both programs are no longer windows type programs. Therefore, everything is keyboard operated. The mouse is no longer used. By the way, just ignore that .reg file, it is a pre-windows program extension and is not a "key" type file. Also, I may be wrong but I think that your folder path is OK, but, I would recommend that the EX2040 be put in the root directory, like this. C:\EX2040.
Please come back with any questions that you might have.

Thanks for such a quick reply.

Yes it is the filesets from posts 46 & 47 above I download and unpacked onto the laptop.

For EX2040 yes it is being started by running PDD.BAT
I don't know if they tried the D100 by running D10.bat, possibly not.

I will email your comment to my colleague and suggest he registers on here so I am not the ' middle man '.

Update:-

I have just tried the EX20_40 on an XP PC in folder c:\EX20_40 and get

<005> key inactive

In the D100.zip fileset there is not a .bat file.

Running D100.EXE does not instantly produce an error.

This is just on the PC stand-alone, I don't have the PLC here to connect to.

Last week I also found the thread

Old Toshiba PLC’s

but the links to file sets are now dead.

I did find them by searching the file names.
I have attached these files, V3-2067 is split due to the size.

Reading now this describes using different versions to work around not having keys.

D10.bat

Attached is a d10.bat file I have. Just unzip and place in the D100 folder.