powering analog and digital cards from separate dc power supplies

vandiman

Flex I/O instructions for analog input card (1794-IF4I) say "to reduce noise, power analog and digital modules from separate power supplies". If I use a separate dc supply for each, which power supply should I use to power the communication adapter (1794-ASB)?

I'd put the "separate" supply onto the analog modules.

Meaning of course, you can jumper the DC cards from the ASB

Remember you are trying to reduce noise on the Analog Inputs, so it doesn't make sense to isolate the DC cards from the rest of the system

Last edited:
What about a loop powered transmitter feeding the analog input: Use the "separate" power supply to power the I/O card AND the input (transmitter)?

Similar Topics

Is it possible to set IP address of Powerflex drive, without powering up the entire 3 phase circuit? Is there some way to just power up the keypad...
Replies
Views
hi every one is t possible to power the (6SL3244-0BB12-1FA0) CU240E-2 PN unit with an external power supply 24vdc without the need of the power...
Replies
Views
Anyone ever attempted to power up and test a plc2 or plc5 communication card or otherwise using a power supply attached to the PCB edge? I haven't...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have a HMI at work that uses a AxiomTek CAPA841/842 SBC, and it has recently stopped working. We've tried replacing the RAM and SSD...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Posting this for my boss who's onsite installing a replacement PowerFlex 700 after another one failed yesterday. Looks like one of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom