Practice Programming Tip for Beginners

klm

It occured to me if a person is teaching themselves PLC programming
I do something that may help others like me. Lets say you want to
increment a counter for what ever reason in your "practice" Ladder-Logic program;
instead of pressing a switch (that is hard wired to your input module)
ON and OFF all the time, use the REAL TIME CLOCK(S42/0) of the PLC(I'm using SLC 5/03).
Using a XIC contact, address the contact as S42/0. Now the contact opens
and closes one second at a time. Place this contact in front of a (lets say)
up-counter and now the counter will increment 1 at a time per second; without you
having to touch anything. I hope this can maybe be helpful.

K-

hey i need some programming task for student level from where i did get it plese help me its urjent
Vikas, student problems are always urgent.

What programming task do you need help with?

When teaching students you need to look at some of the projects on this site Ron B - and others
Please leave the edict on your students to do the work before they post on this site - Even you should monitor their posts for us.

we get all the usual - elevators, conveyors, traffic lights, one touch flip flop's.
What sort of suggestions do you need

When teaching students you need to look at some of the projects on this site Ron B - and others
Please leave the edict on your students to do the work before they post on this site - Even you should monitor their posts for us.
Iant, I don't have a clue about WHO you are talking to.

I doubt if Ron is going to monitor student posts. He has plenty of paying students of his own.

thanka for the replay on my post
i would like to inform you that how to train in alenbradly by giving task such as

Q. when a start pb is presed then output 123 should go on then after 10 secands output 234 goes on

i need these type of task and some difficalt task to in which i can use mov mvm copy e.t.c logics
if you guys have any file or page containning these typ of tas so please mail me at [email protected]

Vikas, Here is a classic problem from PLCs.net to help you enhance your programming concepts.

PLC Logic Project One
  1. When light one (input X0) is on, YO is True.
  2. When lights 3 and 1 are on Y2 will be on.
  3. When all 3 lights are on Y3 will be on.
  4. When lights 1 and 2 are turned on, Y1 will be on, and remain on even after either light 1 or 2 is turned off. The only way to turn Y1 off (after it is on) is to turn light 3 on. If Light 3 is on and light 1 and 2 are all on, then Y1 will be on.
  5. If no lights are on Y5 will be on.
  6. Y4 will be on only if one or more lights are on.
  7. Add an additional switch to your program so that when X3 is true, the above program will work in reverse (as described below in Part 2, Steps 1 through 7).
Part 2: Program will work in “reverse” as follows:
  1. When light 1 is on Y0 is now False.
  2. When light 3 and 1 are on Y2 will be off.
  3. When all three lights are on Y3 will be off.
  4. When lights 1 and 2 are turned on, Y1 will be off (and remain off until light 3 is turned on). Y1 will remain on after light 3 is turned off (as long as lights 1 and 2 are both on).
  5. If no lights are on Y5 will be off.
  6. Y4 will be off if 2 or more lights are on.
  7. If you add an extra input to the circuit (say X4), could you make all the outputs flash when X4 was true?

Last edited:
... to train in alenbradly by giving task such as Q. when a start pb is presed then output 123 should go on then after 10 secands output 234 goes on

Lancie, I'm afraid you just initiaded 7x2 more 'ladder diagram' threads.
icon12.gif

Kalle