Siemens simatic S7 300 CPU315 + PPI

Aafke

Hi,
I was wondering if someone knows whether it is possible to have a Siemens simatic S7 300 CPU315 and connect it through PPI protocol in stead of MPI.
Thanks Aafke

Not sure but

If I'm not mistaken, all you need is an RS485 (PLC end) to RS232 (PC end) converter to be able to connect to an S7-300 MPI port for data retrieval. I know that's the case for the S7-200...

There is no way (that I know of) that allows you to go directly from the serial port on the PC to the MPI port on an S7-300.

Thinking of it, it would require a driver to handle the MPI protocol directly in software.
Not impossible, but there is no such thing available at the moment.
The "SoftNet" drivers for CP5511 and CP5611 are not 100% software based (as far as I know).

Not possible!

Protocol & Softwere are not supported for this type application.

PPI communication use only for slave device S7-200 PLC.

But the coming days I think it is nothing impossible.

Thanks.